Rick Moen <r...@linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> An unused, inert library is a trojan?

You didn't read what I wrote did you ?
It may be "inert" now - well actually it isn't completely inert if it's being
called by packages with gratuitous dependencies on it* - but as I said, there
is zero guarantee that it won't remain "inert" forever. OK, it's perhaps being
paranoid, but there is a 100% reliable way of ensuring that libsystemd doesn't
sneak some unwanted stuff into the system - and that's to not have it there at
all.

As pointed out, the systemd guys have demonstrated they cannot be trusted, I
don't trust them, and I have a policy that no systemd element os going on my
systems. You clearly have different ideas and that's your prerogative - I have
no problem with that, I only ask that you respect my viewpoint.

* It's doing something, even if that something is (at the moment) just "do
nothing and return".