On 07/18/2016 11:06 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 08:16:03AM +0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:
Hi,

Simon Walker wrote:

<<
Can you explain how a computer works to a child or perhaps a rubber duck?

You place a child at the same level as a rubber duck?! A child can
understand provided any concepts used are within his/her mental age.

So can a rubber duck understand any concepts within its mental age.
But none are.  That's the difference.

I am distinguishing between the two. Obviously Edwardo does not understand English that well. Maybe I should thrown an "even" in there. However, the rubber duck is important. It's not a term I came up with, as I am sure many of you know. Though I would like propose a new term: shit programming. It happens on the toilet. AKA "the aha moment".

Today I did no shit programming. It was just methodical and cyclic - incremental if you will.

Peace,

Simon