On 03-08-16 12:56, hal wrote:
Hi all,
I've been trying to get Mumble working on my Devuan system for months. I'm a
little confused as I seem to have 3 sound cards in my computer (1.png at link
below). I'm not sure where alsamixer is getting all these because
I'm only runinng off the on-board audio plugins. "Default" in alsamixer shows
pulseaudio which seems weird.  cards 0 and 1 are Intel (assuming the on-board audio
jacks) and Nvidia. Not sure why Nvidia shows up here as I
have an Nvidia card, but there are no audio jacks on it. Again, weird.
On my system a nVidia soundcard shows up when i have a HDMI monitor attached. When you for one reason or another are stuck with pulseaudio consider installing Pulseaudio Volume Control.

Grtz.

Nick