Hi All,

Checking how much memory was in use on my new Devuan ASCII/CERES
installation had in store a very pleasant surprise.

a) with only a terminal running and X NOT running, memory in use
totalled 63 Mega Bytes.
b) with firefox running under XFCE, the memory use was 337 Mega Bytes.

Thanks to all involved in making GNU/Linux so efficient on resources.
63 Mega Bytes is even better than I used to get when I still used
Debian Sarge on a much less powerful machine! Note that I did NOT
tweak the OS specifically to use less RAM.

The machine is HP Probook 4540s with:
a) 4 Giga Bytes of RAM
b) Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
c) 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation
Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
d) glxinfo:
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes