On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 06:45:24PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 12:08:03AM +0100, Florian Zieboll wrote:

> > No idea, why apt would behave differently to aptitude. I just tried to
> > reproduce it, to no avail...
> >
> > > Oh.  except that apt-update tells me
> > >
> > > W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org  Release: The following
> > > signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1476626585
> >
> > That might be the problem.
> >
> > > I  have no idea why it would be looking at suse at all.
> > >
> > > By the way, my /etc/apt/sources.list:
> > >
> > > root@notlookedfor:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> > How about 'cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*'? You seem to have packages
> > from an unreachable mirror installed, or apt wouldn't complain as it
> > does...
>
> Yes!!
>
> hendrik@notlookedfor:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opam.list
> deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ocaml/Debian_7.0/ /
> hendrik@notlookedfor:~$
>
> (a) so there are other places to look for sources entries than the
>     file I always used.
> (b) Why would opam connect me to suse?  Time to complain on the ocaml
>     mailing list.

well, the suse complaint is gone now.

aptitude still tries to install a huge set of unwanted packages.
apt works just fine.

Is there some aptitude-only status file that I could just delete so
that aptitude has to recostruct it from apt-get's data?

Would it help to uninstall and purge aptitude and then install it
again using apt?  Or would I end up risking borking the system's
package management?

-- hendrik