On 2017-02-23 03:27, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2017 schrieb Jaromil:
Golinux has done an outstanding work with the looks of Devuan,
starting from the website to finish with the purpy desktop, but we
must admit the integration of this part is one of the main reasons we
are so late, since the Linux desktop has become an hairball of stupid
freedesktop standards.

If noone manages to fix the default desktop installed using d-i, then
we'll drop the idea of fixing it and present the Devuan-live packed
together by Refracta's author fsmithred as the "official Devuan for
desktop". The d-i installer (aka still useful hairball) will stay for
the many other usecases where its desired.

As david already pointed out, you could use TDE as default.

Nik

That won't be possible for jessie at this late date. Theming takes a LOT of time and is painstaking work. I'm not a fan of TDE - too clunky and cluttered for my taste but it will be under consideration for ascii along with other DE/WM if Xfce is no longer workable. However, it is possible that other desktops will suffer the same issues with the installer. But thanks to fsmithred, we have a reliable and easy to install desktop option until this can be sorted.

golinux