A few days ago I finally upgraded to the latest stable kernel 3.16.39-1+deb8u2. Now my screensaver isn't working properly. :( It keeps losing the ability to blank the screen and now never turns off the monitor after that. If I go into the screensaver settings this message pops up:

The XScreenSaver daemon doesn't seem to be running on display ":0.0". Launch it now?

Most often when I come out of suspend the screen is blanked and I have to wake it up.

All minor annoyances but annoyances nonetheless.

Should I downgrade the kernel, just live with it or is there a fix?

golinux