Devuan Jessie installed without an issue on my Panasonic Toughbook CF-19.
The main user experience issue so far is that it doesn't seem to install
any way to handle wifi, and *wicd* doesn't seem ready for prime time as a
WiFi manager.

Am I missing something?

In particular, it's not as easy to use as the WiFi connection subsection in
the Debian installer, which worked really well, so perhaps someone should
pull out that logic and make it work standalone.

The issues I noticed with wicd:

Doesn't condense separate instances of an SSID into one. This makes it
difficult to roam around a facility with multiple APs.

Expects the user to choose a security protocol, without shortening the list
to only the protocols the AP has offered.

And then when I chose what I thought was the right protocol (wpa 1/2
passcode) it didn't work anyway.

    Thanks

    Bruce