On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:16:41 +0100, Katolaz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> we have just built updated dbus packages for ascii. They are still in
> experimental:
>
>   deb http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/ experimental main
>
> and the current version number is 1.10.18-1+devuan2.2. This build
> should fix the following bugs:
>
>   http://bugs.devuan.org/95
>   http://bugs.devuan.org/102
>
> and also:
>
>   https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/dbus/issues/31
>
> and should allow an alternative dependency path (through dbus-x11) for
> many applications which otherwise will depend on systemd. But I am the
> least adequate person to test dbus, since I am not using any of the
> goodies which depend on it. So please, if you are using ascii with any
> Desktop Environment, could you please hel testing those packages and
> report any problem, so that we can move them to the main ascii repo
> asap?
>
> Thanks
>
> KatolaZ

Hi KatolaZ,

I gave it a quick spin on my Ascii "kitchen-sinK" machine, by replacing the
1.10.18-1.0nosystemd1 version I had previously pulled from the angband
repository with your new 1.10.18-1+devuan2.2 packages. That included dbus-x11
as well, as it was already installed on the system.

I can tell no difference in any behavior, all dbus related functionality
appears to work perfectly fine, no dependencies were broken during the change.

Oh, and gconf2 (which was also already installed, version 3.2.6-4+b1) seems
to be quite happy with it.

HTH
Regards
Urban