I have finally migrated my first DigitalOcean droplet from Debian 7.11
Wheezy to Devuan 1.0 Jessie, and everything worked like a charm! Thank
folks for encouraging me to do it ;)

A production server on a Tuesday the 13th (it's the Friday the 13th for
Latin Americans), call me crazy.

The only thing I needed to do was to install the right keyboard layout for
the console:

dpkg-reconfigure locales <-- not sure if this was needed but I just
selected my right locale es_AR.UTF-8
apt-get install console-data
loadkeys es

This way I could type correctly inside the serial console.

Thanks for your help and support.

Cheers,
Emiliano.