On 02/07/17 06:23 PM, Adam Borowski wrote:
On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 01:05:06PM -0400, Clark Sideroad wrote:
My advice: back-up everything related

Bad advice: just do the upgrade normally without any special precautions,
and if your special non-standard $Element$Bird setup gets borked, just
recover from backups you do anyway.  No special backup before an operation
as disruptive as upgrading between De??an releases is needed either, as you,
like anyone without a data loss wish, already backup at least daily.

You are right.
If I did as you say and I say and back up every day, I would be OK.

Then I could have done it again and again until I figured out the purpose of the .migrated file.

"This file is automatically created by /usr/bin/thunderbird, it will be
created on every start of Thunderbird if does not exist.
Remove that file only if you know the propose of this file."

In my case of stupidity the backup was a week old, the cat laughed too.
I probably should have added the .migrated file before I learned of it post script. (-;

--
Clarke