Hi,

Hendrik Boom writes:

> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 02:54:57PM +1000, Ozi Traveller wrote:
>> I have it installed in windows at work.
>>
>> These might be useful to you.
>>
>> https://tecadmin.net/install-go-on-debian/
>> <goog_589305626>
>> https://golang.org/dl/
>>
>> ozi
>
> Yes, there are instructons for installation from source, and from
> binaries, which I havven't tries yet.
>
> I had rather hoped to install from the regular Debian/Devuan packages
> but it's starting to seem hopeless.

Don't despair.  It's not that I have looked at any golang packages but ...

>> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Hendrik Boom <hend...@topoi.pooq.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I installed golang-1.7 and could not find golang's main executable "go".
>> > Did not know how to set the main envvironment variables "GOROOT" and
>> > "GOPATH".

... have a look at the `dpkg -L golang-1.7` output.  Especially anything
that has /bin/ in it.   That should give you a decent idea where the go
binary is.

Also, with versioned packages it is quite common to provide something
like go-1.7 and symlink go with something suitable (or not as seems to
be your case).

Failing that, I'd head over to /usr/share/doc/golang-1.7/ for a more
info like a README.Debian or README, whatever.

Hope this helps,