Sorry for the late follow-up, been travelling.

@golinux> thanks for mentioning it.

> must have missed that.
>
> by 'official' I mean something equivalent to the debian ones,
> w/ 'devuan' username in the registry, so it clear to everybody,
> it's coming from the devuan project itself, not just some
> individual.

# Technically it's the 'devuan' *image* that lives in the "official"
# namespace of the special cased Docker Hub registry.  BTW, that hub
# has been renamed to the Docker Store ...

To make it really clear it comes from the Devuan project itself, I'd
prefer getting it from a Devuan hosted registry.

> IMHO, this should be coming directly bootstrappe'd from devuan repos
> and be very minimal.

The devuan images available from my GitLab registry *are* directly
bootstrapped from the devuan repos using devuan's debootstrap.  All
the bootstrapping is done on an intermediate devuan image that was
created by migrating the debian base image to Devuan.

> My *current* goal is setting up some builder image for ptxdist-based
> applications - later on, I'd like to replace my manually built chroot
> on my notebook via docker, add another one for skype jail, etc.
> For that it would be cool to have a well-maintained minimal base.
> (for now, I still have lots of stuff on ubuntu and debian, which
> I'd like to replace in the future)

If you have any suggestions for my images feel free to submit issues
at

 https://gitlab.com/paddy-hack/devuan/issues

Hope this helps,