Don Wright writes:

> Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:30:52 +0200, Arnt wrote in message
>><20170922133052.30fab...@nb6.lan>:
>>

>>> ..weird net "outage", I had dns, icmp and _nothing_ else,
>>> outside my isp's net.
>>
>>..another thing that caught my attention, is aptitude showed
>>me "611 new untrusted packages" and that "-t experimental"
>>"was incompatible" or somesuch error message, update dropped
>>those messages and the "611 new untrusted packages" to 18 new
>>trusted ones.
>>
>>..anyone else see this?
>
> It isn't new. I saw that few times under Debian when I couldn't download the
> current trusted list for various reasons. Not having the new signing key
> from the keyring package is one cause. A successful update always fixed it.

Another is truncated or missing Packages files which result from botched
`apt-get update` runs.  If `apt-get update` downloads all files without
error, you should not see any mention of untrusted packages.

# Assuming of course, that all your sources are signed and you have all
# needed keys on your APT keyring (see `man apt-key`).

Hope this helps,