Hi Gregory,

Gregory Nowak writes:

> On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 10:55:42AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> The only issue I have at the moment is that the box' clock runs behind
>> at the pace of 20 seconds to the minute!  That's despite the fact that
>> both the host OS and the Vagrant box have ntp/openntpd installed.  The
>> host OS' clock stays in sync.  Both use the same set of NTP servers and
>> can communicate with them.
>
> You do have guest additions installed, right?

Can't check right now, but I don't think so.  If it's not installed,
I'll give it a try (on Wednesday probably, don't have time tomorrow)
and report back.

I do have one question though, what ascii/stretch package name(s) should
I pass to `apt-get install`?  Here's what I get for APT sources that
only reference `ascii{,-security,-updates,-backports}`.

  $ apt-cache search virtualbox-guest
  virtualbox-guest-dkms - x86 virtualization solution - guest addition module
source for dkms
  virtualbox-guest-source - x86 virtualization solution - guest addition module
source
  virtualbox-guest-utils - x86 virtualization solution - non-X11 guest utilities
  virtualbox-guest-x11 - x86 virtualization solution - X11 guest utilities

# There is no virtualbox-guest-additions-iso for ascii/stretch, only for
# jessie, buster and sid.  The virtualbox-guest-additions package for
# wheezy just transitions to virtualbox-guest-additions-iso.

From what I read in the package descriptions, virtualbox-guest-utils and
virtualbox-guest-x11 provide "stuff" to install in the guest.  How does
that jive with installing these on the host?  Or should I install these
on the guest?  Does that mean the guest also needs virtualbox-guest-dkms
(and the toolchain required to build)?  That would suck pretty badly,
IMO.

# OK, so I had three more questions.  Hope you don't mind.

Thanks for the possible cluebat.

Hope this help,