Hi Nelson,

Nelson H. F. Beebe writes:

> I installed Devuan about 4 months ago in our test lab, which now
> houses about 180 flavors of Unix-(like) systems.  The starting point
> was the devuan_jessie_1.0.0_amd64_DVD.iso file.
>
> After reading DNG list traffic for several weeks, and seeing frequent
> mention of the ascii release, I followed recipes that I found in Web
> searches after applying these changes:
>
>       % grep -v '^#' /etc/apt/sources.list | egrep -v '^ *$|deb-src'
>       deb     http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged ascii main
>       deb http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-security main non-free
>       deb http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-updates main non-free
>       deb http://packages.devuan.org/merged ascii main non-free
>
> I run updates frequently, and the last changes in /bin and /usr/bin
> are all less than 8 days old.  The puzzling thing is this:
>
>       % cat /etc/devuan_version
>       jessie
>
> Do other folks who have upgraded to ascii still see that file
> reporting jessie?  If not, then can someone suggest what I've done
> wrong in my upgrades?

Looks like your base-files package was not upgraded for some reason.
Did you `apt-get dist-upgrade`?

> A check of my filesystem shows that some of those files were changed
> just a week ago.

Latest ascii base-files package is 9.2+devuan7 and that has been around
for at least two weeks (but probably a good while longer).

  $ apt-cache policy base-files
  base-files:
    Installed: 9.2+devuan7
    Candidate: 9.2+devuan7