On 19-12-17 10:09, J. Fahrner wrote:
Hi,
I have several headless systems running Devuan Jessie, which I migrated from Debian Jessie following this guide: https://devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-to-Devuan

I placed scripts in /etc/update-motd.d and they work fine.

Now I installed devuan_jessie_1.0.0_armhf_raspi2.img on a Raspberry PI 2 and placed the same files in /etc/update-motd.d, but they are not executed at login through ssh.

I compared /etc/pam.d/sshd with my other systems, but cannot find any difference.

libpam-modules is installed.
/etc/pam.d/sshd contains:

session    optional     pam_motd.so  motd=/run/motd.dynamic
session    optional     pam_motd.so noupdate

I also tried it without the "noupdate", but that makes no difference.

Any ideas what's wrong with this Raspberry PI image?

Jochen

Hopefully this link can help you further https://ownyourbits.com/2017/04/05/customize-your-motd-login-message-in-debian-and-ubuntu/

Grtz

Nick