"Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <ren...@olgiati-in-paraguay.org> writes:

> Since upgrading from Debian Wheezy to Devuan Jessie, I have been
> having problems with USB drives, unable to mount them unless as root,

> I get two entries in the
> places list of Pcmanfm, one as sdi which, when clicked on, shows me
> the former content of the drive, and when I choose sdi1 shows me the
> new content.

> If as I suspect that is linked to udev being buggered up, is there a
> way to delete all the data udev has accumulated over the years about
> all the units that were connected to the box, and start clean again ?

I second similar behaviour with a Devuan ASCII system migrated from
Debian Stretch running eudev now.

root was able to mount the exFAT usb drives correctly.
Normal user was able to mount the device as e.g. /dev/sdb, showing
content existing before formating, but not /dev/sdb1 with correct
current content.

After repartitioning/reformating the device with fdisk/mkfs.vfat
everything works fine.