On 02/19/2018 03:26 AM, Didier Kryn wrote:

Le 19/02/2018 à 00:56, Bruce Perens a écrit :
Surely you can connect shell scripts to icons.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018, 14:03 taii...@gmx.com <mailto:taii...@gmx.com> <taii...@gmx.com <mailto:taii...@gmx.com>> wrote:

    On 02/17/2018 09:37 PM, Bruce Perens wrote:

    > See http://www.glennklockwood.com/hpc-howtos/process-affinity.html
    I have previously used taskset and also read that article but I do not
    want to launch every program manually, I want to click an icon and
    it assigned to cores in a module aware manner.

    Or edit the command line in the launcher.
Yes of course - but I have 16 cores and I want the most efficient option to be chosen depending on how many tasks I have running (AMD really should have added this to the kernel scheduler)

On a 16 core opteron 63xx Turbo 2 is 4 cores from each NUMA node (there are two, 1 per 8 cores), so if you have for instance 4 tasks with 8 threads then there should be 4 threads on node 0 and 4 on node 1 to envoke turbo 2, allocated properly on to the module CPU pairs.