On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 02:41:56PM -0500, ghostlands wrote:
> apt-cache policy onionshare
> onionshare:
>   Installed: 1.3-1
>   Candidate: 1.3-1
>   Version table:
>  *** 1.3-1 100
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> I've compiled and installed Onionshare myself, btw. This isn't Onionshare
> from any Debian repo.
>
> I uninstalled it, refreshed my packages, and the output was this:
>
> Unable to locate package onionshare

Hi,

I think I mentioned it already in my previous answer: onionshare is
not in Debian stretch, hence it is not in Devuan ASCII:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=onionshare&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

You seem to be using Devuan ASCII, hence apt-get will not find
onionshare. The package is available in Devuan jessie, since it was
available in Debian jessie. There is no international conspiracy
behind it: the package is not in ASCII because it's not in stretch,
and this happens for several dozen other packages which were in jessie
and got removed from stretch. You might try to use the version
available in jessie, or the one in ceres, or contribute a backport for
ASCII, if you like.

Concerning your sources.list configuration: we explained at

  http://www.devuan.org

that you should use the provided onion address when accessing the
repos via tor, namely:

   We provide access to our package repository also via Tor: install
   apt-transport-tor and then use the following hidden services

   deb tor+http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged jessie          main
   deb tor+http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged jessie-updates  main
   deb tor+http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged jessie-security main

Just replace 'jessie' with 'ascii' above, and you will be fine. We
have also explained why you should do that in the thread with
FungalNet that you mentioned, which you said you had already
studied. To put it short: by using the onion address all your requests
will travel through tor. You are not forced to do that if you don't
want to, though.

HTH

KatolaZ