Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandrose...@linux.com):

> The Openmoko are phones of a different age, when every phone had
> separated hardware components for functions that later SoC put
> together in the same silicon to lower costs.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page
>  Latest News
>     2011-12-01: Community Updates for 12/2011
>
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/
>       Note: this is not a complete phone. You need to get a new or used Neo
>       1973 or Neo Freerunner unless you purchase one of the rare complete
>       Letux 2804 units. Or you take a Case Kit plus a 3D printed or 3D cut
>       case
>
> http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04%20Complete
> Display: 7.1cm / 2.8 inch, VGA resolution (480x640 = 285ppi), Touchscreen

Looks like their price might have been €599 or €549 on their initial
production run of GTA04A5 motherboards until they ran out of stock.
This is potentially interesting to me, as I have a currently unused
Neo Freerunner GTA02 that I haven't yet given up on.

I'll keep an eye on that.  Thanks.

(Meanwhile, my primitive Motorola flip phone continues to seem a fine
deal, on balance.)