On Sun, 20 May 2018 at 20:35:17 -0700
Vernon Geiszler <vernon.geisz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 5:44 PM,  <wirelessd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 21 May 2018, at 10:08, wirelessd...@gmail.com wrote:

[...]

>>> I can only see 3.5.3-1 in the archive. Do you have other third-party
>>> repos enabled?
>>>
>>> What’s the output of “apt-cache policy libpython3.5-stdlib”?
>>>
>>> —Tom
>>
>> I should also note that I have had no problems installing libreoffice
>> 6.0.4~rc1-4~bpo9+2 from ascii-backports.
>
> This is the output from apt-cache policy:
>
> libpython3.5-stdlib:
>   Installed: 3.5.3-3
>   Candidate: 3.5.3-3
>   Version table:
>  *** 3.5.3-3 100
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      3.5.3-1 500
>         500 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii/main amd64 Packages
>         500 http://packages.devuan.org/merged ascii/main amd64 Packages

  Try removing packages.devuan.org: it shouldn't be necessary when you have
pkgmaster.devuan.org active.  My output is:

libpython3.5-stdlib:
  Installed: 3.5.3-1
  Candidate: 3.5.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.5.3-1 500
        500 https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

> I have never used backports before.  I will have to search the
> archives or the forum for how to do it.
>
> Vernon

  You can add the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-ascii-backports.list
with the following lines:

deb https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-backports main
deb-src http://backports.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-backports main

and then you run the command:

apt-get -t ascii-backports --just-print install libreoffice

and you get the list of the (many) packages you'd update or install to their
backports version to install libreoffice-1:6.0.4~rc1-4~bpo9+2 (they're 43 in
my system).

Alessandro