Hi Jaromil,

Jaromil writes:

> re all,
>
> today I've noticed this interesting experiment from the news of
> Distrowatch:
>
> https://github.com/scottwilliambeasley/debian-from-scratch/blob/master/README.md
>
> it's interesting because it provides an alternative "new" way to
> bootstrap a new apt based system in addition to the classical
> debootstrap method. I also noticed the instructions have no mention of
> systemd, wonder where that will sneak in later...
>
> however I believe this approach works flawlessly on Devuan too.
>
> what would be useful for? besides learning how the system is made..

After a quick scan of that README.md, I concur with Didier's
observations: nothing much beyond learning how to put together a minimal
Debian(-based) distribution.  The debootstrap *shell script* already
does that for you.  Want to learn how it works?  Use the Source, Luke.

The nice part about the README.md is that it explains (some of) the
*why* behind steps.  That is arguably missing from the Source.  BTW,
that README.md follows a somewhat different road as debootstrap
(building some bits from source for example) but it's not wildly
different.

Hope this helps,