On Tuesday 17 July 2018 at 19:20:08, goli...@dyne.org wrote:

> On 2018-07-17 12:04, spiralofhope wrote:

> > >   Isn't this a stylish way to put it?  :-)
> >
> > aka "plonk".
> >
> > For anyone young:
> >   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plonk_%28Usenet%29

> FYI . . . conclusions based on age do not fly well here.   ;)

Maybe, in place of "young" above, try "inexperienced in the ways of the
Internet" :) ?

Old ideas are not _always_ the best, but they shouldn't be dismissed simply
*because* they are old...

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.