On Sunday 05 August 2018 at 16:29:05, Antonio Trkdz.tab wrote:

> I created the following rule as /etc/udev/rules.d/90-usb-keyboard.rules:
>  ATTRS{idVendor}=="XXXX", ATTRS{idProduct}=="XXXX", ACTION=="add",
> RUN+="/full/path_to/restore_space_as_modifier.sh"
> and reloaded eudev (I am on ASCII).

> it is not working, nothing happens, not even a simple echo something to a
> file, the only command I have got working is touching a file with
> 'RUN+="/usr/bin/touch path_to/filename"

That last example proves you can get a command to be run, so maybe the problem
is with pointing to a text file which happens to contain "#!/bin/bash" as the
first line...

How about "RUN+="/bin/bash -c /full/path_to/restore_space_as_modifier.sh"?

Maybe that will run bash and pass it the script to tell it what to do?

Antony.

--
3 logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks "Do you all want a drink?"
The first logician says "I don't know."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.