On Thursday 16 August 2018 at 22:04:18, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 22:56:29 +0300 Lars Noodén wrote:
> > On 08/16/2018 09:04 PM, Stefan Krusche wrote:
> >
> > The staging was the part I missed.  It wasn't clear from the
> > "git-commit" manual page at all that "git-add" is not about adding new
> > files but queuing existing but modified files for upload.  The -a with
> > "commit" can skip that.
> >
> > git clone GITURL
> > vi README.md
> > git commit -a
> > git push
> >
> > Thanks.  All set.
>
> One thing is worrying me about this, can anybody push a change, even if
> it is a malicious one ?

Anybody can push a change, yes, but only to their *own* account.

That is why you later need to make a *pull* request to the project developer/s
to get them to fetch your code into their project and see what they think of
it.

Antony.

--
Success is a lousy teacher.  It seduces smart people into thinking they can't
lose.

 - William H Gates III

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.