Am 2018-09-19 14:07, schrieb Antony Stone:
From my point of view a suspend/resume should automatically connect to a known
network when it wakes up, just as a reboot does.

Exactyly my needs also. This is why I prefer wicd. But wicd has one disadvantage: it takes a long time to reconnect. Looks like it first scans all available networks, and then decides to which it should connect. network-manager is faster, it reconnects immediately to the last connected network. But network-manager has other disadvantages: it uses more resources and does not reconnect at work, where we have a guest network with a public hotspot and a landing page. wicd reconnects fine there, but network-manager needs a manual disconnect and connect.

Jochen