On 17-10-18 13:19, Miroslav Skoric wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently installed Devuan Jessie on a computer for presentations via
> large TV. And that machine is also directly wired in a small LAN to
> another box that runs some old Ubuntu (probably 12.04 or so, it is
> also just to tell the audience what Linux is about). Machines can ping
> each other now, so besides introducing Devuan, I also want to
> introduce Ubuntu via Devuan by some kind of remote GUI access or like.
> Suggestions? Please note that there is no Internet access to those
> boxes, so anything needed for each comp must be downloaded elsewhere
> and brought on USB or CD.
>
> Misko

Hi Misko,

The easiest way would be to make a connection with ssh  -X or -Y which
enables X-forwarding. You then can start a individual X program from the
commandline but also the complete WM. Perfectly showing how capable
linux is in use. For more extended capabilities you could install x2go
server and client which will also make possible to have more then one
remote desktop.

Grtz.

Nick