On 17-10-18 15:14, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Why doesn't Devuan edit sysvinit to use systemd's unit files instead
> of scripts? That would bypass the entire problem. Those who want to
> stick to scripts can always direct sysvinit to use scripts instead. An
> edit/patch would aim to make sysvinit recognise unit files and run
> scripts when instructed to.
>
> Before I get a barrage of smart-ass replies like 'You do not
> understand', yes, I know, it is EASIER SAID than DONE. Everything
> technical is like that, unfortunately.

This has been discussed before on this list. My proposal was to replace
libsystemd0 with a devuan specific version (see Re: [DNG] Provides:
libsystemd0 (was Re: systemd and ssh-server)) with a modular api system.
Which also could be extended to a version that uses the systemd unit file.

But it is not simple and i do not have the programmer skills to build it
my self.

Grtz

Nick