On 24/10/2018, KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 08:38:59AM +0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:
>> This smells bad, really bad, I dare say, like a putrifying animal. Is
>> the difficulty to keep up with startup scripts so great that Devuan
>> will have to bow its head to using a single supported init? This
>> reminds me of systemd. The excuse was, that Debian did not have enough
>> man-power to keep using sysvinit as its init, as more upstream
>> developers were using features from systemd.
>>
>> Sorry for being the Devil's Advocate.
>
> o_O
>
> Devuan already support both sysvinit and OpenRC. And the discussion is
> about adding support for more init/supervisors like runit. Where do
> you read "bow its head to using a single supported init", if it's not
> too much to ask?

Yes, smart-ass! It is too much to ask. What about the misleading title
"Speak now, or forever hold your peace"? It sounds more like a falling
guillottine. Oh, yes, the smart-ass understands readers must be
spoonfed and they must read literally. He is the only one to have a
mind, and he is the only one enabled to read between the lines.