On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 07:27:14PM +0200, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Some additional information:
> - booting with devuan rpi1 image gives no serial console, but rpi boots (to
> an unknown state)
> - adding "enable_uart=1" in config.txt and booting does not work, rpi
> activity led goes dark after ~ 1 sec.
> - copying kernel+firmware+bootcode+kernelmoduels from raspbian to devuan and
> adding "enable_uart=1" works, kernel log is spit to uart. Userspace does not
> work, I cannot get a login console.
>
> Oh, I have no matching hdmi cable, so I don't know what happens on tty1.
>
> Any ideas?

I only have a rpi2 and rpi3 here. Having said that, when the rpi3 came
out, raspbian made changes so that they could provide the same sd
image for all rpi models. That means that the serial console in
raspbian will always be on /dev/serial0, no matter which model of the
rpi is being used. What complicates things more is that if the serial
port is missing, systemd will happily ignore it, but agetty will keep
exiting, causing sysvinit to keep respawning it over, and over again.

Devuan bug reports:
https://bugs.devuan.org/db/87/87.html
https://bugs.devuan.org/db/88/88.html
https://bugs.devuan.org/db/89/89.html

I see that bug 89 was closed, even though 87 and 88 which are
prerequisites for bug 89 weren't closed. I've been meaning to look into
the status of this and other bugs, but lack of another sd card, and
time has so far prevented me from doing so. I've since gotten a second
sd card, but time is still very much lacking here for now.

The bottom line for you is that since the rpi0 doesn't have a built in
bluetooth adapter, the serial port in devuan will be on
/dev/ttyAMA0. That means you need to specify that as the serial port
in cmdline.txt, and spin up agetty on that port in /etc/inittab.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1