Hi Didier,

Didier Kryn writes:

> Le 28/10/2018 à 06:24, Olaf Meeuwissen a écrit:
>>    sed -i 's/ascii/ceres/' /etc/apt/source.list
>>    apt update
>>    apt upgrade
>
>   Hi Olaf.
>
>   Do you for sure mean 'apt upgrade' ? Because I would have thought
> of 'apt dist-upgrade'.

Whichever of the two does what you want it to :-P

I was thinking of doing the above after a minimal install, i.e. a
netinst without any desktop stuff.  IIUC, Steve is looking for a setup
to work on runit scripts so that would really be all that he'd need.
Although I have not tried, I would think `apt upgrade` would do the job
for that.

# Looking at Steve's follow-up, maybe `apt upgrade` didn't do the whole
# job after all ... :-(

BTW, you can always do the `apt dist-upgrade` after that if you feel a
need to do so.  Personally, I prefer running `apt upgrade` first and
deal with any packages that were not upgraded during that afterward,
either via `apt dist-upgrade` or by specifying my own preferences to
solve the issues (if I don't like what `apt dist-upgrade` wants to do).
That said, I can't really remember the last time I used dist-upgrade.

Hope this clarifies.