Hi aitor,

aitor writes:

> Hi Olaf,
>
> On 4/11/18 10:11, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> SANE has absolutely nothing to offer for printers.  It is for scanners
>> and some other raster image acquistion devices only.
>
> You are right, i was thinking on scanners. For printers i used CUPS in
> the past. Now, i print form my android mobile.
>
> For scanners, i use Xsane. I don't know why, but it always asks for
> root's password.

Permissions issue perhaps?  The Debian setup assumes the user wanting to
scan is part of the scanner group.  Check if you are, e.g. with the
groups command, and maybe move your ~/.sane/xsane/ directory out of the
way.  You can also do a quick test with

  $ scanimage -L

to see if you can access your device as a regular user.

Hope this helps,