On 11/24/18 11:36 AM, spiralofhope wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 15:14:10 -0500
Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

I don't yet run drive encryption, but may start.
I encourage it.  It's straightforward, and was surprisingly good
performance for me, even on rust.

I did it from scratch, prepping a whole drive and then copying data from
elsewhere, and holy hell did it take forever and cook that room.

You don't need them, but I decided to make very detailed instructions
meant for complete newbies on how to install and reinstall onto plain
non-LVM encrypted root partitions without reformatting. I've been too
lazy to publish it, but I'll get to that soonish.

[snip]
I have found this thread very educational (except for the times when someone disparages another). I look forward to your "detailed instructions" around this issue.  (Though retired out of the computer test environment, I'm very much a newbie when it comes to the collaborative development via the Internet environment.)  I'm very interested in the this/your topic as well as the boot process (in atomic detail), and, the wireless access mechanism.  Thanks.