On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 06:39:57PM +1100, Ralph Ronnquist via Dng wrote:
> Concise is perfect, if comprehensive, within reason. And, perhaps gilded
> by a (growing?) collection of links to "user stories"?
>
> Ralph.

+1

I would just recommend one single thing: KISS.

Most users tend to *not* read documentation at all. Actually, the more
documentation you provide, the less the documentation is
used. Moreover, the less experienced a user is, the shorter the time
and the smaller the attention they will normally put into reading
docs.

This has been proven time and again by the very same simple questions
being asked here, on IRC, and on dev1galaxy (one example for all:
"What is the default root password in the Devuan live images?"), while
those questions could have been avoided by a quick read through the
Release Notes or the README.txt file accompanying each iso.

If we need to have an install guide, let's just put images and short
comments in there, IMHO. Most of the rest will be ignored anyway.

My2Cents

KatolaZ