On 1/8/19 8:21 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 08:12:12PM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Happy New Year! May 2019 be fantastic for you!
>>
>> I have a simple question: Is NetworkManager supposed to work?
>>
>> I am trying to learn about how it works because it is installed by default.
>>
>> It has not worked in Jessie and it does not work in Ascii. I have read
>> the manuals and I think I have everything installed that is needed.
>>
>> Is there anyone who is using NetworkManager that can help me?
>>
>> Yes, normally I figure out all things computer by myself. However, this
>> is one of those automagical programs that should just work. I usually do
>> everything from the command line. I feel I am being a grumpy old man and
>> want to try the new stuff with this laptop. Since there is a possibility
>> that it just doesn't work, I thought to ask here. If it is supposed to
>> work, is there any howto or tute that I can lead me?
>>

> Hi Simon,
>
> "does not work" is not easy to interpret, TBH. Reporting *what* is not
> working for you would be much better. I am not using NetworkManager
> myself, but I guess there are many Devuan users who have it installed
> and running, and I don't think there have been substantial reports of
> misfunctions in Ascii.
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

Thanks for your 2 cents.

What is not working? NetworkManager is not working.

I am trying something new. I want to be told what to do. I could be even
more painful and say, "the internet doesn't work", but I will not do
that to you all.

NetworkManager is not working on a fresh install. My guess is that it
doesn't work on a systemd-less system and that no one here uses it.

I would like word that it does work from someone who does use it.
Otherwise I will use wicd, which worked in the past.

Best regards,

Simon