On 22/01/19 at 08:38, goli...@dyne.org wrote:
> On 2019-01-22 01:12, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:04:02 +0900, Simon wrote in message
>> <24516662-997c-fa54-ab14-d12437192...@gikaku.com>:
>>
>>> IMCO, If a piece of software requires PulseAudio, it deserves to be
>>> silent.
>>
>> ..agreed, except the Tor Browser users are a little too important to
>> leave alone in PulseAudio/Systemd hands, for some Tor Browser users,
>> this is a life or death issue, as some regimes actually do commit
>> murders on people they like to see dead and buried.
>>
>>> I run a studio and muck around with "pro" linux audio apps from time
>>> to time but mostly xwax. That is why I knew Systemd would be no good.
>>> I want to hear the excuses for wasting CPU cycles and damaging ears
>>> from you-know-who.
>>
>> ..I'd rather use this thread for practical advice on setting up
>> alsa + apulse + torbrowser configurations, which will be more
>> useful to Tor Browser users not trusting PulseAudio or Systemd.
>
> I've been waiting for a good apulse howto to appear for along time.
> Maybe that time has finally come.

  I would contribute.

  I did manually set XFCE's firefox launch buttons to run "apulse
firefox" instead of firefox directly, I could also patch
/usr/share/applications/firefox-esr.desktop to do the same, but I'd like
to devise a way just installing apulse would set everything up for users
automatically in the post-install script.  This way people (especially
not technically minded ones) would have less fiddling to do to customize
their systems.  And I'd bet even non techies would appreciate sparing
themselves some time just to let their system behave in a sane way.

  But let's start with a simple howto first.

  Where shall we coordinate our effort, push our contributions to?

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandrose...@linux.com>
VOIP SIP: dhatarat...@ekiga.net