I'm also a person who thinks unattended security upgrades should be an informed choice of an installer not a default.

My perspective is a little distorted due to experiences in a past life with Microsoft Windows "Automatic Updates" run amok. In fact these days, other than the occasional hardware failure, this unintentional corporate malware seems to be the only thing that keeps dragging me back into the Windows world.

I don't do Apple, I understand their hardware and software platform is less varied and therefore automatic updates would seem to be a smaller risk, but I hear from captives inside their walls that things are not always rosy.

Automatic Updates sound like a heck of a good thing to enable, but it is a trade-off that requires implicit trust of the sources.

Devuan GNU/Linux is about choice, lets keep "unintended updates" as one of those choices.

Clarke