Anno domini 2019 Mon, 18 Feb 22:32:31 -0500
 Steve Litt scripsit:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:58:38 -0600
> goli...@dyne.org wrote:
>

> > Never played with ~/.Xresources but good to know about it.
>
> For those of us with bad vision, ~/.Xresources and its supposedly
> deprecated twin, ~/.Xdefaults, are a must, because you can use either to
> set your monitor's apparent dpi, which is a magnification factor.
>
> SteveT

But be prepared for "interesting" effects with all gtk3-applications. DPI
increase from 96 to 120 might double your fontsizes, but not the change the
width of scrollbars. I'm still working on fixing that for my testmachine, but
so far the only way to get decent fonts and menues is going back to gtk2. In my
case I had to roll back geany to 1.29 and terminator to 0.97.

Nik

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA, CIA ...