In beowulf at least you can use libelogind0 in place of libsystemd0 but
packages still require something that provides it.

libelogind0 shares some code with libsystemd0 and of course we only need it to
provide some desktops, so there are things left where we don't need it.

In beowulf at least you can use libelogind0 which is a slight relief :)

Cheers,

chillfan