On 5/23/19 5:12 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
* I don't want to depend on Google's calendar services, but I'd like
to be able to use them to coordinate with other people who do.
My software doesn't and never will coordinate with middlemen like
Google. I'm sure you could write software that acts as a bridge between
my software (or somebody else's software) and Google calendar services.
Better also provide some sort of backup facility for the data stored on
Google: They have no real incentive to keep your data intact.

Unfortunately, for many of us this is the cost of living in the world.

To coordinate with people I care about I need to sync not just with Google, but with FB.

The latter I do manually, and with great reluctance and no JS, but it still needs to happen.

Because people are more important than protocols (or pride).

--
Dan