On 29/11/19 12:29, Denis Roio wrote:

Sadly it's not just init scripts: for example how would a case like
http://bugs.devuan.org/db/27/276.html
be handled?

I guess by hand.

Do you mean the user's hand, or the distro maintainer's? :D

do you know about other show-stoppers for the systemd unit conversion plan?

Well I'm not an expert but it looks like there are already projects that have started to tie themselves to systemd's specific services, so at least _for those projects_ converting units would not be enough

BTW, with this mail you just helped me fix this annoying bug on my
beowulf day to day install :^) did not knew the fix

Glad to hear it :)
I've stumbled on it myself just a few days ago, when installing Beowulf on my new laptop