Hi again,

On 14/12/19 16:59, s@ wrote:
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 12:56:13 +0100
From: Aitor <aitor_...@gnuinos.org>

Only *boost-iostream* and *boost-filesystem* are required in
simple-netaid so far, even though I could do the same job using only
the stardard c++11, of course.
I say this because once somebody said (here, in the mailing list) "no
more wraps, please", but maybe referring to dbus or something similar [*].
What do you think of?

Cheers,

Aitor.

[*] git-buildpackage is a wrap for dpkg-buildpackage and it's cool.

I must add that I disagree with the overuse of smart pointers and some
design patterns.
I was rather surprised to see that all the gtkmm forms of
mysql-workbench are singleton!

My Personal Opinion is that libboost, is something very viral in nature..
And libboost itself, is a monster in size..
I would pay attention, to dependencies :)

--
Best Regards,
tux <tux...@sapo.pt>

Anybody can explain me why the toolbar of simple-netaid is hidden in the following code?

http://gnuinos.org/examples/simple-netaid/

You can download the sources from here:

http://gnuinos.org/examples/simple-netaid/simple-netaid.tar.gz

You need to install cmake and libgtkmm-2.4-dev. I wrote the following script in my "/usr/bin":

#!/bin/sh

path=$(pwd)
rm -f $path/simple-netaid
rm -rf $path/build-area
mkdir $path/build-area
cd $path/build-area
cmake ../
make
exit 0

Just run it in the parent directory of the sources.
I'll also ask tomorrow about this issue in the gtkmm mailing list.

Cheers, and happy new year :)

Aitor.