To note that there seems to be a typo on the clearlooks-phoenix-cinnabar package name. In my beowulf installation it is called "clearlooks-phenix-cinnabar" - no 'O' in phoenix. 7.0.1-3 Devuan:3.0/testing

On 03/01/2020 22:27, goli...@devuan.org wrote:
On 2020-01-03 16:18, Bernard Rosset via Dng wrote:
Having a setup running beowulf with an Xfce Desktop, and whatever
theme I choose, I get white links on clear backgrounds.

In applications that support it (like evolution), if I drift away from
system fonts and switch back to them, the links are black (and
readable!) again.

This oddity also appear in another way when text is highlighted, which
make it unreadable too.

I remember having such fonts problem when ascii came out, but I do not
recall the fix. I remember some themes were eventually corrected
though.

Any hints?
Bernard Rosset
https://rosset.net/

The default theme for xfce beowulf is clearlooks-phoenix-cinnabar and it works perfectly.  If you install desktop-base you should get all the necessary parts but you might have to choose that theme also in the window manager settings. You are on your own with any other themes. If you want to fix another theme, I suggest the xfce forum.  They were very helpful to solve issues with CPC that were broken going from ascii to beowulf.

golinux