Le 01/02/2020 à 15:53, g4sra via Dng a écrit :
On 01/02/2020 10:11, Didier Kryn wrote:
Le 31/01/2020 à 13:50, g4sra via Dng a écrit :
Do not be fooled into thinking blacklisting stops a module from being loaded,
ensure you rebuild the initrd\initramfs without the driver.
     Dunno if graphics driver modules are now part of the initrd/initramfs, but
this look like crazy.
Yes, and Yes.
After all, everyone knows a Linux box wont boot unless you have a graphical
splashscreen! (sarcasm, for non-engish natives).
Grub does it one way then Linux joins in and does it another...trying to
identify graphics related errors at/after boot can be a PITA.

    I played with these splash screens 15 years ago but found it a big effort for pure futility. These splash screens aren't by default on Debian nor Grub and I've never seen them for long. Do you mean the graphics drivers are in initrd even if you don't require a splash screen ? Even for a minimal non-graphical system?

    Didier