Hi,

On 23/2/20 12:34, Aitor wrote:

Hi Steve,

On 21/2/20 21:57, Steve Litt wrote:
Will it work even if I'm not using lxqt? Does it stand alone?
SteveT
I've just started developing a replacement for gksu in gtk2 following the same method used in simple-netaid, that is: a suid binary receiving the password through an unix socket, and the name of the application to be run as an argument in the command line. Since i'm not that expert on security stuff, maybe i'll restrict this tool only to a few graphical applications like synaptic, bleachbit, gparted, thunar, pcmanfm...
Any suggestion for the name of this alternative? What about gkexec?

Cheers,

Aitor.

I rectify:

The binary won't be suid, but rather it'll receive the root password through the mentioned unix socket using internally (sudo | su) afterwards.

Aitor.