Am 2020-06-13 10:31, schrieb richard lucassen:
The nofail means that it wil mount automatically, but if the disk
is absent it won't give errors. But it does not wait for the device!

The disk has itÅ› own power supply and is always connected. I think there is something missing at the boot stage (driver?).

ok, I assume it's u-boot? In that case you can easily try to boot from
another disk. But apparently you do not have access to the device?

I don't know the boot process. I think it's like a Raspberry Pi. There is a little FAT partion and a EXT4 root partition on emmc. Since it is headless, I only can access it through ssh. When it does not boot I have to open it, remove the emmc card, insert it into an adapter and reverse my changes on pc.This is very elaborate. So I need a straightforward method to isolate the problem.