Am 2020-06-14 21:25, schrieb richard lucassen via Dng:
Ok, I missed that, sorry. Maybe 5 is too low, try 10 or 15 I'd say.

I don't see why this parameter is so important. When I read the description, this is the delay for scanning usb devices after power up. But as you can see in the logs, the device is responding and telling its characteristics. Only mounting the filesystem fails.

And an earlier suggestion to copy important things to a smaller disk
and use that disk, does that probably solve the issue?

A smaller disk is no option, since this is my media server at home. It is filled with 66%.

My mount scripts seem to work around this problem, so I give up in further investigating what is happening.