On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 00:51:01 -0400
Mason Loring Bliss <ma...@blisses.org> wrote:

> Hi all! We're looking for opinions about wiki software. First choice
> at the moment is TWiki but we want more options and more perspective
> to get us to the best possible decision.
>
> Goals, not in a particular order:
>
> * Ideally not Python, PHP, Java unless it's otherwise perfect.
>
> * Supports ACLs for per-account and/or per-group editing privs.
> Ability to disable edits by people not logged in.
>
> * Potentially supports ACL-based visibility in addition to editing
> privs.
>
> * Supports at least a minimum live editor, with mark-up being fine -
> no need for WYSIWYG.
>
> * Flat files on the back end - ideally content can be captured to
> version control, can come from version control, etc.
>
> * JavaScript not required for clients.
>
> We'll continue poking at TWiki while we gather data.

How many Gemini and Kristall (or any other Gemini client of your
choosing) https://gemini.circumlunar.space/

native format is markdown, supports data and query entry, identities
based on client certificates supporting both persistent and transient
identities. Protocol is dead simple to code for. Already a wide choice
of client software https://gemini.circumlunar.space/clients.html with
no degradation of service at all for even text-only clients. Compatible
with DIY-computing. The entire spec is readable with 15 minutes of your
time gemini://gemini.circumlunar.space/docs/specification.gmi and only
31K big.

--
 ________________________________
/ QOTD:                          \