Hello all,

Thank you for the great work that you do.  I found an issue with a distribution upgrade from ascii to beowulf.  This server has a lot going on, but it is a web and mail server with a webmail system on it.  It runs Postfix, Amavisd-new, Spamassassin and a lot of other things.  the webmail system uses roundcube.  During the upgrade mysql is stopped.  later  in the process the upgrade to roundcube is attempted.  When that happens, the script can't make the mysql connection because mysql is not running.  Ok, so I started mysql and do the retry on roundcube and skep the questions, because before I started, roundcube was working.  So the update connects to roundcube and lo it cannot do the upgrade because the upgrade to mysql has to happen first. I had to go get the upgrade script from roundcube to update it's database manually. The roundcube upgrade should happen after the mysql/mariadb upgrade and mysql should be running.

During the amavis upgrade, amavis runs into a permissions problem it will not recover from involving it's lock files.  I had to remove the lock files and continued with apt-get --fix-broken install to continue.  I think amavis needs to be stopped first. Also the amavis upgrade fails if perls net::SNMP is not installed.

I've had to revert back to a previous snapshot due to a different error that is solvable, but involves partition resizing (no space left on device an a too small partition *sigh*).  That's a different problem altogether.  It's of my own making.  :-)

Thanks for your attention,

Curtis